Insegnamento erogato in lingua Inglese
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Designing interactive products
The design studio covers the theme of the development of interactive products.
The focus of the course will be on two main aspects:
- The experience that designers can generate through the use of three aspects: interaction with the product, the value of the product, the context of use.
- The tools and platform for applied interaction (Arduino, Unity 3D)
The objective of the design studio is that students should:
- learn how to design a meaningful user experience understanding how the product interacts (communicates) with users and the context in which the product will be used
- handle the basics of physical computing
The course will be divided in three parts:
Methodology for interaction design
- Exploring interaction: How the product interacts (communicates) with users and the context in which the product will be used.Â (Tools and methods to analyse product)
- Usability and User eXperience Assessment in Design Project: evaluate existing products and product usage.
Physical Computing and mechatronics
- Learning how to handle different typologies of sensor and actuators and how to connect them through the Arduino platform.
- Learning how to interact and connect the Arduino platform (and the different boards) to Unity3D.
- Using state of the art technologies and connect them through Unity3D and Arduino, e.g. LeapMotion and Kinect systems.
- Starting from the analysis of existing products: reconfigure the â€œinteraction of the productâ€? based on the user experience.
- Developing experiential prototypes